Medzhybizh or (Medzhibozh) is located in western Ukraine 25 kilometers from the Khmelnytskyi on the highway between Khmelnytskyi and Vinnytsia. First time Medzhibizh mentioned in 12th century as an important center. In appr. 15th century the wooden Castle was rebuilt to stone to protect the town from the frequent Tatar attacks. In 17th century Medzhybizh was captured by Turks. In 1793 Medzhibozh was finally transferred to Russia.
Pictures © Copyright Sergey Sorokin