Bilhorod-Dnistrovskyi (or in Russian language Belgorod-Dnestrovsky) is a small town with a population of about 50,000 inhabitants. Situated on the right bank of the Dniester estuary leading to the Black Sea in 80 km. from Odessa of south-western Ukraine. Belgorod-Dnestrovsky is easily accessible from Odessa by public transport (about 1h 30min. in marshrutka). The town has a train station.
Fortress in Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky:
Fortress of XIII-XV s. has risen on ruins of ancient town of Tira. According to supposition, first it was a Genoa trading station. Destroyed in 1484 by Turks with Crimean Tatars. In 1812 all the territory became a part of Russia.
Pictures © Copyright Sergey Sorokin